@Home With Jemmy & Clussy

Sharing all things Home with each other and anyone who haps upon this page.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Paris Bistro Steak - Bonus Recipe for last week


Woops, I'm falling behind on posting new recipe results.  So, last week, instead of making the mussels (I finally found some yesterday so I'll be making that tonight), I decided to make the Paris Bistro Steak off of the NoTakeOut website. 

Liberties I took w/recipe were countless.  Notably, instead of capers in the dressing for the steamed cauliflower, I used chopped green manzanilla olives, which made this dressing such a treat! I'll be keeping that as a go-to dressing on them for the future. I also added chopped sage to the steak red wine sauce and it gave it a really nice fragrance and taste.  I couldn't find Bordeaux at the local Safeway (but I *did* find a mouse scurrying in front of my card in cheese section of store) so I used a cab sav instead. Also, I decided to add green peppers and mushrooms in for some more veggies. I'd probably not do that next time because I think all in all, it just distracted from the simplicity of the steak reduction sauce and my measurements suddenly were skewed from eyeing to add in more wine and seasoning to account for extra veggies.

So, all in all, it was a tasty dish but the downsides would be that the cut of steak was not particularly good and pan cooking steak is tough for me (and Sean kept insisting it cook longer) so the steak turned out a bit more over-cooked than I like but then again, I like a good Moo to come out of my steak before I bite in and have red steak juices dribbling off my chin.  The flavors were really good but I'd likely pick a different cut of steak or perhaps grill the steak next time and just pan cook the sauce of course.

Red wine reduction sauce simmering down.

Finished product


Time to flex mussels tonight! Hope I didn't kill the poor buggers. Who knew they were alive when you bought them? ((shrugs))

No comments:

Post a Comment